14.11.07

Buy Handmade Pledge

Holiday is fast zooming in and I haven't decided which gifts to give yet. Since I'm a newbie crafter, I'd like to make as much as many handmade items as I could. Plus anything handmade gives much more warmth for this season. I have so many things I want to try but gifts are mainly crocheted items because that's where I think I do much better. I also bought some materials for handmade Christmas cards. And seeing wonderful fabrics is not helping at all because I am just plain jealous that I just can't hold of them now that I am on an extremely tight budget.

Well, for you folks out there that have so many things going on in their head and still don't know what to give, here's an information overload for you.

Sew, Mama, Sew! has a great way of making use of your unused sewing machines, fabrics scraps and soon to be bought fabrics, not to mention their fair share of wonderful fabrics. They have lists of handmade tutorials that any crafter would want to do as well and any gift receiver would want to have. May it be bookmarks to coasters and even aprons. There are lots of items to choose from, or why not go ahead and make one each day.

As for me, I am making a handmade pledge. It's a great way to discover items made with love by wonderful and talented crafters. If I can't make one then let me go ahead and buy something handmade by others. I encourage you to do this as well.

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

3 comments:

  1. What I plan to do again this christmas is make some last minute gifts, including homebaked goodies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LittleWanda has some great tips on her blog for handmade gifts! I'm trying to do the same - but its hard with so many boys in my family

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mimi If only I could bake some oatmeal cookies I would have done so, unfortunately my cooking skills are only best when it comes to Tuna Sisig and my own version of pasta with olives and mushrooms.

    @Ari thanks for the links, I'll go visit her site for more inspirations.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are <3. Let me know what you think of the blog post above. Please be responsible when leaving a comment. Comments are moderated.