18.6.10

Crying over spilled milk

Literally. I thought it would be the end of my future blogging career. And it all started with introducing Una to drinking formula milk.

I've been breastfeeding Una for 17 months now and was planned to start weaning her as soon as she turned one this January. But we have one big problem. Una doesn't want to feed from a bottle, even if it's expressed milk in the bottle. She's always been the Miss Grab-Mommy's-Boobs-Whenever-I'm-Hungry. Recently, she's been extra cranky whenever I stop her from watching too much cartoons (I blame her Dada for that) and she intentionally bit one of my boobs, intentionally if I may add. Only then that I really pursued of stopping her with breastfeeding. With that in mind, DK and I bought Gain Plus Advance and gave her a dose. She's a bit hesitant but we're able to finish all of it. Just so you know, Una doesn't want to drink on her Avent bottle. She used to with a soft spout with her water but still not with milk. She's then used a tumbler straw for her water but still won't drink with milk. I gave the milk to her in a cup and she drank it all like a champion. Makes me proud of her small achievement, even rewarded with a burp from my little girl!

So when she asked for a second dosage, I was ecstatic and gave her another. Only this time, we made a mistake of giving it to her near the laptop and then bam! Milk spilled on the laptop's screen and it blacked out! I was so scared but DK and I we're able to at least contain the spillage. He immediately removed the battery and wiped it clean. It took roughly two hours of letting it dry and tried turning it on. Fortunately, it worked on my last attempt. Wow! I just cannot imagine my life without the laptop. All of my documents and downloaded files. Thank God it's only minor.

For now on, DK and I decided that there will be no more food and drinks allowed near the laptop.

Image credit: radarxlove

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gene, good to know your laptop still worked...otherwise I won't be reading this post ;)
    This also reminded me to absolutely not allow liquids near my computer. I've almost done serious damage here, but luckily only my old keyboard got ruined by the spill - yet I still sometimes put my drink nearby :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I salute you mommy Gene for breastfeeding Una for 17months... grabe di ko kaya yun.. Ako basta nung may ngipin na si baby ayoko na..

    Anyway, I want to invite you to join my ongoing contest. a total of $200 is up fro grab visit http://livinglifetodfullest.blogspot.com/2010/06/our-thanksgiving-contest-will-start.html

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are <3. Let me know what you think of the blog post above. Please be responsible when leaving a comment. Comments are moderated.