16.7.11

Thoughts for the Future

It's been a hectic week for me. With an active toddler running around the house that always needs attention, this mom cannot find the right time to finish all of her tasks. Even if I wanted to just close the door in the room to find some quiet time is not possible. Apparently, you can't ignore the world outside your room even if there is a physical barrier between you and the little tot. Don't get me wrong, I love my kid. She is my life and the reason why I work so hard. But the constant pitter patter of little feet and calls for mommy is just too much sometimes. Especially when I’m in the middle of processing ideas in my head.

It made me wonder how my parents got through it. There were five of us with a 2 year age gap in between. It’s like they’ve been caring for toddlers in the house all their life. It must have been total chaos when we were younger.

Now that they are at their retirement age, I wonder what would make them more comfortable in the future. Living around noisy toddlers again or have something similar to Denver Assisted Living. Personally, I am scared of that future. But for now I’ll savor my time with my parents and perhaps let them all be noisy with the little one without worries of responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are <3. Let me know what you think of the blog post above. Please be responsible when leaving a comment. Comments are moderated.