24.10.08

7DSB projects + Knitting lessons

I made another set of my pattern, this time in variegated orange color.

And here is Mimi's red version. (Thanks for the correction in the pattern!)


knitting.

I never thought that it would be sooner for me to learn how to knit. Thanks to Mona (a knitter buddy I met in Ravelry) for sharing some YouTube links about some great tutorials. I am happy to announce that I'm a self-taught knitter, LOL! Luckily I already bought a pair of knitting needles last year in Craft World. The bad thing is I don't know the size of the needles and it's only 7 inches long. I can only make washcloths with these needles but I don't mind at all, I think it's a great project for newbie knitters such as myself. I'm not sure if it's normal for newbies but I swear the tips of my index fingers are sore now because of the needles. Is it always so?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gene, don't worry about the sore fingertips... some knitters use masking tape to protect their fingers. You'll get used to it, I guess. It comes from pushing new stitches down the needle. I've formed a sort of callus on my left middle finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it, I had an afternoon nap and dreamed of actually buying them in a store so familiar in my dreams but can't recall where that store is... But I swear there are knitting needles with lights! Really weird!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are <3. Let me know what you think of the blog post above. Please be responsible when leaving a comment. Comments are moderated.