2.10.07

Old Craft

It's nice going back to a house you grew up with found the things you do when you were younger. I have learned crochet and embroidery in grade school but doing something you worked on your own is something special.

Really special because I tacked it on my cabinet and now it's so dirty and dusty. (Look at the rust in the tacks) I wouldn't dare touch it!

I feel so bad. Why it never occurred to me to frame this pattern and why didn't I keep the pattern itself! Especially the patterns for the alphabet.

Seeing these designs brings back memories back when I was in high school. My friends isn't really into crafts then while I love writing. Keeping some letters in between their books when I borrow it. Or stashing some notes in their ball pen. I think I'm the only person who started using gel pens in our classroom then. My notebooks are filled with Stabilo marks and colorful inks. I'm not that old and yet it feels like its been so far away. So far that I can't even imagine myself going back there.

It will never be the same.

The school has been renovated. Lost communication with some friends. And a classmate lost her life.

We have lost our youth and we will never be the same again.

2 comments:

  1. That's sort of dark, but I know what you mean. I took a lot of things for granted when I was young too. I have lost touch with most of my friends from then.

    On a happier note, that's a beautiful rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's a gloomy post. Must be the rain.

    But the sun is shining now and looking forward for the things I will learn today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are <3. Let me know what you think of the blog post above. Please be responsible when leaving a comment. Comments are moderated.