25.2.10

Happy Birthday Mama Merlyn

It was my mother-in-law birthday last Tuesday, this should have been posted as soon as we got back from Fernando Air Base. We were dead tired and I fell asleep as soon as hit the bed. And when I woke up, there was a slight mishap with the electricity and we lost power for almost an hour but I'm posting this now anyway because the birthday girl deserves a separate blog post. Happy birthday Mama Merlyn!

That's my MIL with Una doing her impersonation of Popeye the Sailor Man. I don't know where she learned that expression, not from Popeye for sure because we don't watch TV. We actually want to limit her TV time as much as possible. We were TV addicts when we were kids and I don't Una to be like that. She gets to watch  television sometimes whenever she's in the living room with my in-laws but they don't watch cartoons. We allowed her one episode of Dora the Explorer each day but that's just it. We still have to collect other educational shows like Sesame Street and Disney Playhouse shows. I never liked Dora, but the thought of Una knowing some Spanish words excites me. My siblings and I learned English by watching Sesame Street. I wonder if I could find kid friendly animes.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your Mother-In-Law! she looks really proud of her apo. :)

    As for kid friendly anime, why not start her off with Studio Ghibli? I had my 5-year-old cousin watch My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away, and boy, was she enthralled! I remember her asking if the dancing lights on the mall facades at night were spirits, with her eyes all aglow. :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are <3. Let me know what you think of the blog post above. Please be responsible when leaving a comment. Comments are moderated.